May 10 through 13, 2018 our Barrel Racing Clinics continue at the Rim Rock Riders Event Center in Powell Butte, Oregon. See more information here...
MAP * HOTELS * REGISTER * CLINIC QUESTIONNAIRE * CLINIC CONTRACT
Rim Rock Riders Event Center
17037 SW Alfalfa Rd. Powell Butte OR 97753
Rim Rock Riders Event Center in Central Oregon, a state of the art facility featuring everything from equestrian events to banquets and meetings, livestock auctions to sporting and corporate events, and more. The event center is located in the beautiful foothills of sunny Powell Butte, just 20 minutes from Bend, Redmond and Prineville, and next door to the elegant and tranquil Brasada Ranch Resort.
Visitor bathrooms & showers for contestants.
Heated wash rack for livestock, plus additional (non-heated) wash racks available.
Ample parking for trailers and spectator vehicles.
Trailer parking has electrical hookups.
Free high speed Wi-Fi access for Internet connectivity.
- 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM; Horse & Rider Evaluations, 5 riders every 30 minutes, this is not clinic teaching time, but the time Charmayne uses to evaluate you and your horse and where you specifically need to work.
- Please line up and be ready to ride 30 minutes prior to your time. Line up in the order you are to ride on the Evaluation Sheet. (Find out who’s in front of you, so you know where to line up).
- Randy (Equine Dentist) and Casey (Equine Chiropractor) will be available to check your horse during this time, if you desire. Take advantage of this opportunity, these gentleman are excellent in their fields!
- 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM: Immediately following evaluations there will be an Equine Dental Lecture with Randy Riedinger, Master Certified Equine Dentist (you will have the opportunity to have your horse checked by Randy after your evaluation or at various times throughout the clinic, please check with a member of the clinic team schedule). Randy’s lecture will be followed by the Clinic overview with Charmayne.
- PLEASE NOTE: These horse and rider evaluations and the equine dental check are optional.
- 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Clinic Instruction (all students)
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch. Please return by 1PM for afternoon instruction
- 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM:P Clinic Instruction (all students)
- ** Throughout the day the students who choose to get dental or chiropractic work can do so after checking with the clinic team. PLEASE NOTE: You will be on/riding your horse all day on this day.
- 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM – Clinic instruction begins at 8AM (All students). This day starts with “The Winning Attitude” lecture by Charmayne. You will be on your horse during this lecture. Drills begin immediately following.
- 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM – Lunch.
- 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM – Clinic Instruction (all students.)
- PLEASE NOTE: throughout the day, Charmayne will be going working with each group. This is a great time to ask questions. Students who choose to get dental work can do so after checking with a clinic team member. You will be on your horse all day.
- 7:30 AM to 11:00 AM – Live Clock Barrel Race.
- 11:00 AM –Clinic comes to an end.
Check with a team member (Charmayne or Heather) to schedule an early run If you need to leave early on Sunday. . Each student will receive additional help and or comments about their run. If you want a picture or autograph, please ask at the end of any instruction day, during a drag or the live clock race.
EQUINE DENTISTRY: Charmayne James Barrel Racing Clinics adhere to the laws of each state pertaining to Equine Dentistry.
ADDITiONAL HORSES: While we permit you to change horses during the clinic if your primary horse is hurt or not capable of finishing the day, we do not consent for you to run through the drills on one horse, change horses and run through them again. We encourage you to work with one horse throughout the clinic to focus on the instruction and limit the distractions that comes with readjusting to a different horse.